Do you have 5+ years of experience in professional writing, editing, and commissioning quality content? Are you excited to be a part of a mission-driven company that has an open, teamwork-focused culture? Read on.
You're an organized, detail-oriented team player with excellent communication skills. You thrive in an environment where you own your work (but you get the support you need). And you always strive to create engaging and impactful content to bring about positive change.
Does this sound like you? If you just said "yes," keep reading...
What you'll do here
If you've read this far, we know that you want to know more. What will you do as the Associate Editor on the Partnerships team?
In your first 90 days you'll:
- Get to know the Partnerships Editorial, Creative, News Production, and News teams and how they work.
- Research, develop, clarify and communicate the scope and editorial requirements of your first content series
- Collaborate with the Creative team to develop a content series strategy
- Prepare to launch your first content series (like Turning the Tide)
- Learn and master our internal tools and AP and Devex in-house styles
By the time you finish your first year you'll have:
- Led commissioning and edited articles, Q&As, video interviews, social media clips and op-eds for multiple content series and in-house communications initiatives
- Attended events to produce content for an ongoing or upcoming series, and potentially lead a reporting trip
- Managed partner and client relationships
- Developed and maintained strong relations and communications with partners and clients.
- Mastered the workflows and interactions between teams on Partnerships and have worked with Partnerships Leads on proposals
- Moderated panel sessions at strategic internal or external events
- Grown our freelance writer pool
Here are the basic requirements we're looking for in the role…
- Native level of English, spoken and written
- Deep professional experience in writing, editing and commissioning quality content
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Work authorization in Spain
- The ability to travel 6-8 weeks per year
Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have experience in…
- Working in the global development sector
- Professional AV experience (video, audio, graphic design)
- Professional social media experience
- Another language (French, Spanish or Arabic are a big bonus)
What We Offer You
Being part of the Devex team is a partnership. We strive to make Devex a space where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. Here are the benefits we offer in our Barcelona office:
- Flexible work hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Private Health Insurance
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
- Professional development and wellness activities
- 23 days paid vacation
- 2 week-long enterprise-wide breaks to rest and recharge
- 2 YAY days to learn or adventure as you like
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Ready to get started? Apply now!