The role of Client Incentive Deals – Cluster Deal Modeller is to be a recognised Subject Matter Expert and deal modeller for the Cluster/ Group of countries on traditional (Issuer) Commercial Incentives deals (CIAs).
The role is responsible for driving business cases to evaluate new proposals and recommend financial deal structures and solutions that can satisfy both customer needs and Visa governance requirements.
To ensure all client incentive deals brought for approval are commercially viable, optimally structured, focused on driving revenue growth and are in line with the broader European strategic agenda.
Working with the regional CIMS (Client Incentive Market Specialist) to ensure that Account Executives prepare robust offers to new and existing clients, by determining the viability (via modelling) of investment proposals within the cluster.
Produce investment appraisal briefing documents (deal decks) for executive level stakeholders including global decision-making (GIG and GPIC) and present to senior management ensuring the finance point of view is front and centre in every GPIC/GIG discussion
The role holder will dual report to the local cluster FBP and the Head of Issuer Incentive Deals
- Support Finance responsibilities for each deal from deal inception to contract signing, including:
- Modelling particularly complex investment deals, ensuring they fit AE/RMD and Client expectations, that are aligned with the budget and meet all enterprise level criteria where possible.
- Anticipating conflicts that might arise, preparing alternative scenarios as appropriate.
- Conducting highly technical and complex data analysis, modelling and forecasting aimed at establishing the level of sign on, performance-related and other incentives Visa is prepared to offer to new customers or existing customers expanding their business with Visa.
- Advising on financial deal structures which are compelling to customers whilst safeguarding Visa’s financial and legal position and enabling achievement of growth objectives
- Communication of financial risks to senior management decision makers
- Ensuring compliance with Visa’s governance
- Ensuring approved financial terms are accurately reflected in final contracts
- Provides commercial insight and context for CIAs and where required, challenges assumptions to ensure that a robust view of the clients current portfolios, future projected growth, and clarification of client requirements which will form the basis upon which Visa will construct offers.
- As the regional expert, will champion deal-structuring best practice; provide process insight through understanding the CIA process and its interdependencies.
- Collaborate with Central Incentive Deals team on more complex large deals/RfP responses that require further detailed scenario analysis etc.
- Partner with Central Incentive Deals team to gain approval for incentive offers, including the preparation and presentation of briefing documents for executive level stakeholders including global decision-making (GIG and GPIC)
- Partner with Central Incentive Deals team, Contract Management and RMDs/Account Executives to ensure delivery of successful CIAs, ensuring the enterprise level prioritisation is maximised
- Work with the legal team in understanding key regulatory and contractual terms that must be adhered to in determining the acceptability of deals, and reviews the final contracts to ensure they align to the approved commercials
- Accountancy Qualification (CIMA/ACA/ ACCA) or MBA
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Extensive experience of working in a Finance department, preferably with some experience of Finance support for commercial decision-making.
- Demonstrated expertise on payments business
- Substantial experience running complex data analysis and modelling
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills essential
- Demonstrated ability to explain and evaluate financial information to non-numerate individuals
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills and ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders at all levels,
- High level of computer literacy including detailed knowledge of Microsoft Excel and data repositories such as Cognos, Hyperion.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.