Company : FedEx Freight
Job Title : Mgr-Freight Analysis
Job Requisition Number : RC382223
Job Family : FXF : ENGR-MGMT
Locations : 461 Winchester Road
461 Winchester Road
Memphis, Tennessee 38109
8101 Terminal Ln
Huber Heights, Ohio 45424-1457
5501 Burnt Pine Way
Louisville, Kentucky 40228
3960 Logistics Way
Antioch, Tennessee 37013
7779 Arbor Drive
Northwood, Ohio 43619
This position will need to be domicled in the current Freight Analysis Central district area which includes the cities of Memphis, Nashville, Louisville, Dayton and Toledo.
POSITION OVERVIEW :
Manage the staff responsible for inspection and investigation of shipment characteristics to validate accurate application of the National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC) standard and all FedEx Freight rules and regulations, for recovery of revenue and acting as a liaison with other functional departments.
Work with Sales and Operations leadership as an educational resource for weight validation issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Recruit, select, train, develop and motivate a staff of freight analysis team members
2. Ensure compliance with National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC) as well as FedEx policy
3. Assist Freight Analysis, Operations and Sales employees with education and execution of all Freight Analysis and weight validation processes
4. Investigate, identify, and address opportunities for improvement of shipment characteristics
5. Provide support for Pricing functions through research and analysis of freight handling characteristics
6. Ensure all customer facing employees provide a level of customer service that delivers on The Purple Promise at every point of customer contact
7. Analyze, gather data, and develop statistical reports to monitor success in all Freight Analysis processes
8. Develop, gather, write and organize data for use in manuals, procedures or presentations that may be used for forecasting and planning
9. Control expenses for Freight Analysis activities and provide solutions for cost reduction
10. Develop good morale and positive working relationships with all employees
11. Assist regional and local management in initiating a proactive approach to reduce classification and reweigh corrections
12. Perform special assignments or special projects
13. Assist in quality assurance and customer satisfaction
14. Comply with all applicable laws / regulations, as well as company policies / procedures
15. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer : This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at