We are currently seeking for motivated and skilled Combat Designer to be part of an unannounced AAA PC/Console title and future projects. If you have a passion for videogames and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team.
- Design and create combat systems and combat mechanics that follow the game’s creative direction with regard to the targeted experience for the player.
- Standardize, document and communicate the systems to the multidisciplinary combat team as well as to the rest of the production team.
- Participate actively in the production of prototypes in order to adjust and validate systems prior to production and assess the success of these prototypes by measuring how objectives are met.
- Model, tune and manage complex game systems and mechanics (rewards, features) to engage players and fulfill their needs
- Define the information needed by the player to make interesting choices and adapted to their situation in the game, interface or menus.
- Collaborate with animation, level design, art, audio and gameplay programming teams to ensure the optimal communication of this information.
- 3+ years’ experience in the field of video games.
- 1+ year experience as Combat Designer
- Experience on action-adventure titles a plus.
- Experience on role-playing games (RPG) a plus.
- Animation principles knowledge a plus
- AI systems knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of combat games market
- Capacity to analyse and compare combat systems
- Boss Fight design knowledge
- Interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Open-minded personality and team-player mentality.
- Flexibility, support and will to manage the impact of change.
- Positive leadership and the ability to influence.
- Good oral and written communication in English.
Candidates for this position are required to provide a resume and some sort of portfolio (web version preferred). Applications without a portfolio will be automatically discarded.