We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to push the Adevinta Spain’s Alerts team to the next level.
The Alerts team builds and owns a search alert system that enables the users of our marketplaces to receive multichannel notifications with the most relevant and recent ads matching their interests. Our system is currently processing millions of saved searches and published ads, finding accurate matches, and notifying end-users to help grow our leads.
The main objective of the team is to build and evolve a multi-tenant, highly scalable, cost-effective, and business adaptable product with state of the art functionalities while progressing its integration with all Adevinta Spain marketplaces.
What will you be working with?
- Service, Event-driven architectures
- REST APIs, Microservices with Java
- Highly scalable, distributed systems
- Reactive programming and actor model pattern
- Kubernetes and AWS deployments
- Development best practices: Pair programming, clean code, TDD, CI/CD
The following technologies are used in the team:
- Java (This is a must!)
- Kafka (we use that for messages and replication)
- Reactor (we are reactive)
- Akka (We use actors in some of our components)
- SQL (we have high concurrency, queries must be efficient)
- Microservices with Spring Boot + Spring Cloud + Netflix stack
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS & Cloudformation (we are 100% on the cloud)
- DDD (We are inspired by these principles to design our software)
If you are a curious person, positive, proactive, passionate about technology, and you also need to work in an environment where you share and feel our company Values:
- Sharing and collaborating for the common good
- Satisfaction for our users and customers
- Integrity in everything we do
- Personal drive to achieve our dreams
- Joy in working together
And you also have the following:
- Be very updated about where the world is going.
- Know the state of the art of your domain.
- Have good knowledge about best engineering practices
- Work with excellent professionals to solve hard technical challenges.
- Be part of a company with an excellent working environment and modern, creative offices.
- Opportunities for development and growth within the company and the international group.
- Flexible working hours 8-10h / 17-19h
- 38h per week (Friday afternoons off).
- 23 paid vacation days a year, plus the 24th and 31st of December off.
- Intensive workday during summer months and Easter (34h per week).
- Medical insurance.
- Attractive remuneration according to your experience.
- MacBook Pro or Dell equivalent laptop + iPhone XR or Samsung S10.
- Free breakfast, coffee, and fruit.
- One paid conference per year, and 5 days per year to attend conferences.
- Flexible compensation