Managing your home contracts and making sure that you always benefit from the best possible deal is hard, time-consuming and boring. Our mission is to help people all around the world have the best deals on all their home utility contracts such as Energy, Internet, TV, Insurance,Alarm, etc. We provide comparison and subscription services to make managing all of your utility bills simpler, cheaper, and greener!
With over 1400 team members in 15 countries around the world, and over 270 million visitors on our websites in 2021, Selectra is a leading European startup. We have been ranked #99 fastest-growing French startups by Les Echos in 2021 and have been listed on multiple occasions in the Financial Times ranking of Europe’s fastest-growing companies.
Selectra is also part of the French Tech 120: a program that lists the 120 French start-ups and scale-ups capable of becoming world-class technological leaders. The Tech department is growing and great opportunities are available now.
What You’ll Need
Must have skills
- +4 years of experience in a similar tech player.
- Experience delivering products built on top of a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Strong base on SOLID principles, OOP, Testing and Design Patterns.
- Passionate about software and continuous learner.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent communication skills, able to lead projects involving the entire team effectively.
- Be fluent in English (both written and spoken)
We use these technologies, so it would be a plus if you have experience in:
- PHP, preferably with Laravel.
- Domain, Test, and Behavior Driven Design.
- Messaging systems (i.e. Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS).
- AWS, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Active in software and tech communities.
- Previous startup experience is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary: 45-60k/y depending on profile.
- We care about your health: private health insurance, 50% discount on gym membership, and tickets restaurant. And above all, a healthy working environment where you’ll blossom!
- Great work-life balance: flexible remote and work/holidays schedule
- A young and upbeat work environment: leave your suit behind; we’re a t-shirt and sneakers kind of place.
- Company events: it’s a little challenging right now with COVID, but we love to party after having worked hard!
- Long-term contract with 6 months trial period.
- An ambitious company: we want to be THE company providing THE best product to help customers manage their home contracts & recurring expenses.
- Top notch: we are (still) not Google, Amazon, or any other tech giant, but we follow their product and engineering practices.
- A truly international and young team: +10 nationalities working in the same place.
- Weekly learning initiatives: we have weekly activities with the rest of engineers to learn and grow together.
- Get active in the tech community: attend and participate in local and international tech events. We’re doing really cool things and are proud to share them!
Selectra used to be a sales-driven company, with a super strong leadership in the marketing and sales departments for more than a decade. Now, supported by this maturity in the market, we're at the beginning of our journey to create a simple and intuitive digital experience for our customers to manage all their home contracts.
Therefore, joining now means being part of the creation of new innovative products as well as the growth of the department at all levels. This is the kind of growth opportunity that is not easy to find in the market!
You will work in an International Company where you will find different kinds of challenges going on: from top-notch performance applications supporting +25M users every month, to discovering the next disruptive solution to handle all your contracts from your phone, going through the expansion of consolidated applications to other markets. Are you feeling like starting a new team from scratch? Joining a strong team dealing with complex performance challenges? Joining a smaller team still seeking market fit or expanding to other markets? Join us and pick your challenge!
You will contribute to our success:
- Collaborating in the creation, evolution, and maintenance of your product end-to-end: coding, testing, optimizing resources, setting up monitoring and alerting mechanisms, etc.
- Being part of the Discovery sessions with the rest of the team to assess the technical feasibility of the proposed solutions as well as to suggest alternative ones that allows the team to quickly measure the impact of a new idea (mostly running A/B tests).
- Measuring and tracking the performance of your solutions both at a business and technical level to make new product and tech decisions.
- Pair programming, code reviewing, and working with the rest of Product Engineers of your team in an always collaborative environment.
- Contributing beyond your team by participating in architectural decisions that our microservices system will benefit from, as well as coaching and mentoring other Product Engineers in the department.
We are organized in Product Teams, empowered, trusted, cross-functional teams operating within constraints and united by a shared vision of success. They consist of: a Tech Lead, a Product Manager, a Product Designer and the Product Engineers.
Your work will have significant visibility and impact. If you are motivated by how much visibility your work has, how much it impacts the company's bottom line, how many users see your work, or how it will impact your career growth, Selectra is your choice!
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you!
- Session 1: Interview with HR in which you’ll learn more about the company and the culture.
- Technical test.
Note: Your Github repository may allow us to see your coding skills and skip the test.
- Session 2: Technical assessment with one of our Tech Leads and a Senior Engineer.
- Session 3: Team fit assessment with one of our Product Managers and the CTO.
Powered by JazzHR