Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies, INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 22,000 clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get biopharmaceutical therapies into the hands of patients who need them most.
Evolve in a global company that is always looking for ways to work smarter and more efficiently as the only fully integrated Biopharmaceutical Accelerator.
You'll be supported with comprehensive resources based on today's emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge - instead of practices from the past.
Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to over-
deliver and outperform. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world
Job Title : Site Identification Specialist I
assists in the strategic development of proposals and site lists. Works independently; contributes to developing site and recruitment plans, and presents the data to colleagues.
Essential Functions :
1. Continually builds the investigator database, establishes and maintains relationships with key investigators, collects information supporting the definition of the ideal site for a study, performs the identification of suitable sites for a study, and coordinates global efforts for site identification.
2. Acts as primary contact with investigational sites to collect data for feasibility, site ID, and building the investigator database.
Tracks and QCs data using TrialMD and other used systems.
3. Builds local relationships with key research sites and Key Opinion Leaders.
4. Acts as primary contact with the Global Feasibility team to provide country specific data for proposals (site contact, site recommendations).
5. Acts as primary contact for the Project Leader in the site ID process for awarded or ongoing trials. Participates in the site ID by preparing a site ID plan.
6. Interacts with internal and external personnel to coordinate the collection of feasibility and site ID data and supports rapid start-up of sites as needed.
7. Contributes to the development and maintenance of TrialMD to build a comprehensive list of investigational sites, including obtaining consents across all therapeutic areas per country.
8. Maintains feasibility database TrialMD for storage and retrieval of metrics based on site data.
9. Contributes to the country plan for the study (number of sites proposed, type of sites, recruitment rates, and key challenges) and validates feasibility / site ID assessment during the study.
10. Runs operational and technical aspects of large global projects.
11. Assists with other Company systems activities related to the Feasibility and Site Identification.
12. Performs research of scientific literature using Internet and internal facilities to provide background information per country for proposal submission and feasibility reports.
13. Performs literature research to identify additional investigators to build the database.
14. Develops and supports country specific patient and investigator communication / awareness / outreach approaches for site and patient recruitment and retention as relevant.
15. Acts as operational lead within area of expertise under the guidance of higher level Site Identification Specialists or manager as needed.
Competitive remuneration package with excellent benefits
Commitment to your development and training, with the opportunity to progress your career within a market leading and innovative organization
Opportunity to work within a successful and rewarding environment
Other Responsibilities :
Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Minimal travel may be required (up to 25%).
BA / BS in the biological sciences or related discipline in the natural sciences / health care field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in a clinical research organization and related therapeutic specialties with familiarity in principles, concepts, practices and standards.
Medical or operational background (such as experienced CRA). Knowledge of medical research preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database applications), email, and internet.
Strong presentation skills, interpersonal skills, as well as a team oriented approach. Excellent verbal, written, communication and time management skills.
Ability to understand and discuss scientific and clinical research documents. Ability to multitask under tight deadlines on several projects with specific and unique requirements, while providing attention to detail and high quality work.
Ability to be flexible, adapt to change, work independently, as well as work as part of a team in a matrix environment.