designing, developing, calibrating, and validating the software and hardware aspects of Vehicle Control Modules and Hybrid Powertrain Supervisory Controllers.
This includes control algorithms, diagnostics, and communications for the controllers used across multiple Polaris product lines.
In most cases, the design will be at a high level, such as capability requirements, algorithms for the functionality, and you will lead a vendor or internal resources in the development of the controller component / module design.
Essential duties and responsibilities :
Education, Skills and Knowledge :
1. B.S. or higher in Electrical, Computer, or applicable Engineering required
2. Experience with design and / or implementation of controls, especially related to vehicle controls / diagnostics / communication required
experience with, or understanding of, MATLAB / Simulink is preferred
4. Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety strongly preferred
5. Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
6. Experience with Electric and Hybrid Powertrain vehicle control strategies is strongly preferred
7. Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting required, including familiarity with electrical schematic drawing evaluation and use of electrical tools such as oscilloscopes & multimeters
8. Experience with communication networks strongly preferred, CAN and J1939 preferred
9. Familiarity with requirement and test case management in any requirement / software development database application as well as configuration management preferred
10. Experience in project management strongly preferred
Engineering / Technical Service
4 year degree or higher preferred
Years of Experience Required
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.