Job Number 21121553
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Hotel Marqués de Riscal a Luxury Collection Hotel Elciego, Calle Torrea 1, Elciego, Alava, Spain VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world’s most enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our guests, these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their spirits, enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide genuine, personalized, and anticipatory service, then we invite you to join us on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.
Functions as the leader of the property’s sales department. Manages the property's reactive and proactive sales efforts. Responsible for groups and events. Provides day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues. Motivated individual who aspires to work in a world renown hotel. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships. Evaluates the property’s participation in the various sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, Group Sales within the Sales Office, electronic lead channels, etc.) and develops strong working relationships to proactively position and market the property. Supports and works closely with the Director of Marketing, who manages the marketing budget to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives. Develops and implements property–wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer profile and property associates and provides a return on investment to the owner and Marriott International.
Starting date: 1st of June 2022
Education and Experience
• Fluent in Spanish and English
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• Minimum 2 years experience as Sales Manager or Assistant Director of Sales in an international hotel.
• Luxury hotel industry work experience preferred.
• Demonstrated skills in supervising a team.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Manages the development of a strategic account plan for the demand generators in the market.
• Manages the property's reactive and proactive sales efforts.
• Determines and develops marketing communication activities, in conjunction with Regional Marketing Communications.
• Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Attends sales strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
• Suggests innovative marketing ideas and develops deployment strategies.
• Serves as the sales contact for customers; serves as the customer advocate.
• Serves as hotel authority on sales processes and sales contracts.
• Serves as the property sales liaison with Area Sales, Group Sales, Revenue Management, Event Management, Regional Marketing Communications and other hotel departments as appropriate.
• Participates in sales calls with members of the Sales and Marketing team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Identifies public relations opportunities and coordinates activities to augment the overall marketing communication strategy.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues.
• Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the hotel’s’ sales objectives.
• Interfaces with regional marketing communications for regional and national promotions pull through.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
• Assists in budget and Business plan preparation
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase brand/product awareness.
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Develops strong community and public relations by maintaining property participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Functions as the leader of the property’s sales department for properties with bookings of 60 peak rooms and significant local catering revenue.
• Develops sales goals and strategies and verifies alignment with the brand business strategy.
• Supports tools and training resources to educate sales associates on winning catering solutions.
• Identifies, trains and mentors group sales associates; utilizes all available on the job training tools for associates.
• Provides day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues.
• Evaluates the property’s participation in the various sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, Group Sales within the Sales Office, electronic lead channels, etc.) and develops strong working relationships to proactively position and market the property.
EU work permit and driving licence required.