Job Category Landscaping & Grounds
Location The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa Benahavis Marbella, Urbanizacion La Quinta s/n, Marbella, Málaga, Spain VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Position has responsibility for maintaining the grounds and keeping golf course turf in playing condition. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Agriculture, Horticulture, or related major; 2 years experience in the landscaping/grounds or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Agriculture, Horticulture, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists in evaluating and implementing new technologies, equipment and supplies.
• Consults with the Director of Grounds/Director of Golf to plan and review work projects.
• Determines work priorities related to specific tasks such as fertilizing, irrigating, seeding, mowing, raking and spraying.
• Ensures all lawns and plantings are properly watered, fertilized and cared for to promote healthy growth and prevent problems.
• Ensures compliance with all Grounds departmental policies, standards and procedures.
• Ensures contractors quality of work and compliance with safety policies and procedures.
• Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Helps maintain inventory of irrigation and other critical items.
• Helps to manage the overall look of the golf course including lawn care and maintenance, irrigation, horticultural/pruning, weed control, pest and disease control.
• Keeps equipment maintained and operating at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Manages parts, supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
• Mixes and prepares recommended spray and dust solutions.
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
• Recognizes potential problems and takes corrective action.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Walks the golf course on a daily basis to ensure clean up and job assignments are being followed.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.