Are you a passionate about aviation?
Do you enjoy working in an international and fast-growing environment?
Join our team, we are waiting for you in our big family!!
Volotea is an airline in Europe focused on connecting medium and small-sized European cities. We launched in April 2012 and currently, we have 1600 employees in 2022.
Our headquarters are in Barcelona, Spain. Our main markets are France, Italy, Greece, and Spain. We have 18 operational bases: Nantes, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseille, Strasbourg, Lille, and Lyon in France; Venice, Verona, Palermo, Cagliari, Olbia, Alghero, and Naples in Italy; Athens in Greece; Hamburg in Germany and Asturias and Bilbao in Spain. We have transported more than 40 million passengers in over ten years of operation, with an Airbus fleet of A32X Family.
We are looking for an AOG Supply Chain Specialist who is used to interact in different cultural environments, and who wants to work in a challenging high-growth environment.
Responsible for supporting night and weekends shifts to Volotea’s operation to find the fastest and most efficient way to source, locate, acquire, and arrange shipment of aircraft parts, tooling, and materials required for Critical & AOG. You will be the primary point of contact to deliver swift and precise solutions for all AOG and urgent aircraft material requests.
You will decide, execute and coordinate activities that support urgent material requests from global customers. These activities include the transfer, purchase, sale, loan or exchange of parts to customers.
The position will report directly to the Team Leader Material Operations.
The workplace is Barcelona headquarters.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Receive and process AOG and urgent material requests from MCC and Logistics Dept.
- Coordinates with MCC and Logistics team to determine exact details of the material requested to ensure
- Ensure proper handling of AOG shipments from pick up to deliver and continuous information flow between shipper, consignee, vendor, and forwarder.
- Checks inventory system to determine availability and locations of parts/tooling/materials
- Determines best location to acquire needed items based upon availability of shipping methods
- Organization and coordination of shipments between our stations.
- Ensures paperwork from the shipment is processed properly and timely
- Determines appropriate supplier, contacts supplier and arranges purchase and shipment of items
- Determines best solution to ensure part is delivered at the required location at the required time
- Contacts appropriate Company drivers, contract couriers, or shipping services to arrange shipments
- Updates all pertinent parties of the essential details of the shipment
- Tracks the shipment and upon delivery ensures receipt transactions are completed to receive the part into inventory
- Availability to work on shifts from Monday to Friday (morning, afternoon, night)
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in the areas of logistics support, purchasing, material management, logistics or general supply chain.
- Previous airline / aviation experience (MRO/OEM) is preferred
- Knowledge in aircraft, engine, and component records desired
- Ability to multitask and perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Well-organized, analytical, and self-directed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suit
- AMOS experience preferred
Volotea is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit diverse candidates, as our goal is to continuously improve and sustain an inclusive culture by attracting, developing and engaging the best team of diverse people.
Powered by JazzHR