Located within Marketplaces, the mission of the Trust and Transactions area is to provide best-in-class components which integrate into the local marketplace sites to help our millions of customers trade online every day.
Within Trust and Transactions, the Messaging team at Adevinta owns the software and infrastructure that sends over 5 million messages every day and serves millions of customers worldwide. Marketplaces from the Adevinta group all over the world use our infrastructure and integrate their applications using our SDKs to enable chat in their web sites. Our team is formed by more than 15 professionals from different areas such as UX, Product and Tech that work together to develop top-of-the-line software products.
As part of the Messaging team you will help the team on improving quality engineering practices within the team. You will work on other teams as subject matter expert on quality to help them to improve test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Lead and educate on improving developer and engineering team's test coverage, release velocity and production health & monitoring.
- Plan, research, recommend and use new technologies as required in various parts of the testing process.
- Design and lead the implementation of automation testing strategies for different components.
- Work with developers to identify, analyze and document defects, questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, content and security
With the rest of the teams:
- Work with other teams as subject matter expert on quality to help them to improve test coverage, release velocity and production health.
- Run a Software quality engineer community of practice (guild) across different teams to share best practices, run workshops and evanlegice best practices.
- Strong expertise on design for testability.
- Experience developing test automation.
- Understands Quality by design, and consistently works with Unit testing, Integration Testing.
- Subject matter expert of software quality and CI/CD systems.
- Used to play around with web protocols, web servers & application servers in Linux and MacOS environments.
- Fluent in the comprehension and use of Object-Oriented design patterns, able to make architectural decisions.
- Development best practices used: Pair programming, code review, clean code, Must show initiative, proactively finding and solving product problems.
- Ownership and result oriented person.
- Have a team-player spirit, which benefits the group vs the individual.
- Good written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills.
- Technical and business level English is a must.
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If any of the above ticks your boxes, then why not Apply Now to find out more