NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, BARCELONA
ABOUT THE ROLE
A New Business Development Manager plays a pivotal role in Nielsen’s growth strategy. Focused on accelerating organic growth, the New Business Development Manager generates short-cycle revenue opportunities by rapidly penetrating new clients and growing ad-hoc clients with a highly profitable, syndicated product portfolio. NBD executives strive to exceed sales targets and seek outstanding rewards.
- Own individual revenue target;
- Generate short-cycle revenues from syndicated solutions, such as Ad-Hoc Retail Measurement Service and Customer Panel Service reports, AIS and Global Snapshots;
- Target/penetrate new clients and ad-hoc ones, with a special focus on white space and the small & medium enterprise (SME) sector, including non-FMCG clients;
- Develop go-to-market strategies that will deliver maximum reach across the target client portfolio;
- Create new leads, including from cold calling, and prioritize client visits based on sales potential;
- Monitor progress against revenue target with tenacity and course-correct quickly where necessary;
- Identify upselling opportunities by creating leads for more advanced/customized Nielsen services and to transform ad-hoc relationships into continuous contracts;
- Utilize with creativity the tools available within the wider organization to generate leads and develop engagement plans, such as Marketing & Communications calendars, commercial sales drives, category sales data, and CRM toolkits;
- Ensure that all syndicated sales materials, including proposals and marketing information are consistent with the Nielsen Voice and demonstrate best in class within the industry;
- Work with broader departments, such as Client Delivery, PTO to ensure alignment and buy-in.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You’re the first to recognize an opportunity, then turn it into a client solution. You manage relationships and expectations as well as projects, and your experience speaks for itself. Curiosity, communication, and critical thinking drive your work--whether you got your start in sales or consulting, analytics or consumer goods. Now you’re ready for what’s next.
- At least 4 years experience in sales;
- Good understanding of Market Research, preferably of Nielsen products;
- Passionate about sales, revenue growth, and new business opportunities;
- Short-term results orientated, competitive, and a high-energy self-starter;
- Strong negotiator and deal closer, comfortable in challenging and influencing client at all levels;
- Ability to create new leads from cold calling and to prioritize client visits based on sales potential; Skillful in driving client interest and new business through creative proposals of Nielsen capabilities;
- Independent worker, who also contributes to the overall objectives of a team;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to read other’s styles and adapt behavior accordingly;
- Fluent in English and Catalan
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com