Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the global leading live-entertainment discovery tech platform, with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture and entertainment.
Fever has developed a proprietary technology that inspires its global community of over 125M people through personalized and curated experiences in their local city, whilst empowering entertainment and event creators to reach new audiences and enhance their experiences.
Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” winner of USA Today's 10 Best Readers Choice award.
The company, present in over 100 major cities across the globe, is backed by leading investors such as Goldman Sachs, Alignment Growth (growth equity investor in global entertainment and consumer tech, led by former Warner Bros and Time Warner), Goodwater Capital (the largest dedicated consumer technology platform globally), Smash Capital (a late-stage venture capital firm led by former Disney and growth equity investors, backer of Epic Games), Eurazeo, Vitruvian Partners and Atresmedia among others.
To pursue our objective, we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a US Tax Specialist you will be playing a key role within the Tax Team. This is a role that will require proactivity, autonomy, and drive. You will familiarise yourself closely with Fever’s mission and vision, structure, strategy, and objectives, and become a key advisor within a fast-paced company undergoing an ambitious international expansion. The position will be based in Madrid.
Reporting to the global Tax Manager, you will be expected to work in all the US tax areas, across different jurisdictions (Federal, City & State), with one or more projects entrusted to you:
- Understand the tax impact of the projects developed in the different cities of the US.
- Coordinate US federal, state, and local tax documents and oversee and preparing and filing of tax returns, state pages, and federal, state, and municipal returns, extensions, and quarterly payments (special attention to Form 1120 and 5471)
- Knowledge of different corporate structure in the US, such as CFC, partnerships or LLC
- Experience contact with different federal, state and municipal tax authorities (i.e. Tax Audits)
- Strong experience in Sales and Use Tax.
- Coordinate and prioritize work with external tax advisors
- Provide tax advice with respect strategic projects and possible M&A transactions
- Be aware of changes in the legislation that could imply changes for tax purposes.
- Be aware of the tax benefits and credits that could be applicable in each US jurisdiction.
- Supervise and advise other team members of Fever
- Prioritize your and others’ work
In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a C2 or native English level, with some Spanish a plus but not necessary
- Have between 4 and 6 years of professional experience in US taxes
- Have an excellent academic record or experience in multinational companies or top-tier tax advisory firms
- Experience in international tax matters
- Have a keen eye for strategy and business, and be committed to company goals
- Possess strong technical and personal skills
- Be an effective communicator who brings emotional intelligence to work
- Desirable Knowledge of Navision Tools and Vertex Software
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health insurance and other benefits such as flexible remuneration with a 100% tax exemption through Cobee
- English Lessons and Gympass
- Possibility to receive in advance part of your salary by Payflow
- We have free snacks, drinks and fruit at the office!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!
Powered by JazzHR