🤔 Short Description: Business Development Manager responsible for ensuring users' growth in Spain
🏌️♂️Three Core Skills: (i) strong written & oral communication; (ii) organisation; (iii) "no-excuse" attitude
😋 One Requirement: being a foodie that knows by heart their 5 top restaurants (but has a hard time choosing these)
🗣️ Language Requirements: must be native in Spanish or extremely fluent (C2)
📌 Location: Spain
And what makes Katoo unique?
In 2021, we are used to ordering our favourite 🍕 and 🍔 in just two clicks from apps like Glovo, UberEats, Deliveroo...
It seems unthinkable to believe that restaurants are still using pen & paper, WhatsApp, phone calls or even fax (!!!) to place their own orders to their suppliers right? Well… they are!
Take a look at the other side and you’ll find thousands of suppliers waking up at 4am, listening to countless voice notes and spending hours manually inputting the orders sent by their restaurants into their ERPs. It is boring, time consuming and prone to mistakes!
Katoo’s mission is simple - we want to connect and empower the food supply chain - offering restaurants and suppliers the best technological tools to manage their relationships!
- Is it challenging? Of course yes 🎯
- Are we ready to do whatever it takes to make it happen? Yes - to the moon and beyond 🚀
- Want to be part of this amazing team? Join us
Ok, but what is Business Development about?
Our BD Manager will be part of an international team (Global Business Development) making things happening in the Spanish market. You will be reporting directly to Spain's Head of BD and we want to hire someone who is keen on joining us full-time for 6 months.
More specifically, some of the key tasks are:
- Qualifying prospects that expressed an interest in joining Katoo by performing 1:1 demos to generate interests, gathering all the insights to create a better experience and translate them into product learnings
- Navigating a high volume of customers to maintain good relationships with existing clients supporting them in the mission of digitalizing their order management process
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of Hubspot by creating reports and tracking key account metrics to increase team performances and improving the efficiency of current processes
In short, Business Development is a broad role encompassing client management, a bit of analytics, and... hustling! We are a start-up, so be prepared to get your hands dirty!
Sounds cool! What are you looking for?
More than everything else, we are looking for someone excited to join us in reaching our challenging objective. We are working hard to reach our goals, and we expect you to do the same!
In details, here the key skills we would love to hear from you during interviews:
- Communicator (and listener): you are a master in engaging conversations with others, and you know how to tailor your messages by phone, email, chat and in-person
- Collaborative: you play as team seeing the positive side in every situation and you act honestly with others
- Go-getter approach: you want to raise the bar (because we do!) and exceed expectations. You take the initiative to find the resources you need to reach your targets
- Organized: you manage your time effectively being obsessed with details but you are also able to recalibrate your tasks based on clients' needs (who used to be very unstructured!)
How does the interview process look like?
Our process is fairly straight forward and has 3 steps: the main intention is that we get to know you, your personality and how you think!
- Fit interview with our People team, who will tell you more about the role
- Case interview with the local Head of Business Development
- Interview with Diogo (Co-Founder & CEO)
One final piece of advice: this is also a great moment for you to interview us! We're looking for the people who will remain with ages for quite some time, so please be sure that you ask us all the questions.
Any other tips for the interview?
Want some tips for your interview? We are like TACOS 🌮. And we want you to be the same!
Sounds weird? Here the whys:
- Tenacity: we focus on Impact
- Ambition: we make big, bold, bets
- Client-first: we are bounded to our clients
- Ownership: we are all bosses
- Socialization: we foster socialization between cross-functional departments
We are building a company based on these values, and we want you to know them in advance!
- Stage length: 6months
- Location: Spain
- Start date: as soon as possible! (if you want a date, it would be yesterday!)
- Salary: to be discussed