Are you a passionate about aviation?
Do you enjoy working in an international and fast-growing environment?
Join our team, we are waiting for you in our big family!!
Volotea is the airline in Europe focused on connecting medium and small-sized European cities. We launched in April 2012 and currently we have 1600 employees in 2022.
Our headquarters are in Barcelona, Spain. Our main markets are France, Italy, Greece, and Spain. We have 18 operational bases: Nantes, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseille, Strasbourg, Lille, and Lyon in France; Venice, Verona, Palermo, Cagliari, Olbia, Alghero and Naples in Italy; Athens in Greece; Hamburg in Germany and Asturias and Bilbao in Spain. We have transported more than 40 million passengers in over ten years of operation, with an Airbus fleet of A319 and A320.
We are looking for a MCC Duty Engineer who is used to interact in different cultural environments, and who wants to work in a challenging high-growth environment.
The workplace is Barcelona Headquarters but requires occasional travel to support Line Stations and AOG recovery.
The position will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and ultimately to the Technical Director.
Purpose of the Position
As a Maintenance Control Center Duty Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining the Airworthiness of Volotea’s fleet, composed of Airbus A32X series, by proactive control of both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and defect rectification. This would be in accordance with Company, Manufacturer and Civil Aviation Authorities procedures and legislation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Day to day Maintenance Operations Control
- 24/7 monitoring of Aircraft Technical Status.
- Technical support to Crews providing immediate real time expert advice and guidance on interpretation of the MEL dispatch and Technical Troubleshooting.
- Management of maintenance assistance in remote stations.
- AOG monitoring and recovery, Fault Isolation and Parts Request.
- Control and rectification of Deferred Defects in due time, having direct impact on the operational performance of our fleet.
- Fleet Technical Status update and communication of the Operational Limitations.
- Airbus Fleet condition monitoring through AIRMAN (Aircraft Maintenance Analysis), in order to propose the necessary actions to rectify findings and areas of non-compliance.
- Traceability, Analysis and Troubleshooting of Intermittent Faults across the fleet.
- Technical delay follow-up and reporting during daily operation.
- Scheduled maintenance supervision to ensure performance of the Line Maintenance contractors is in compliance with Volotea standards.
- Primary interface between the maintenance department, OCC and Flight Crews on a daily basis. Support to Operations control to minimise the schedule disruption.
- Line Stations onsite support.
- Support on non-routine maintenance tasks (e.g. Engine changes).
- EASA Part 66 Licensed Aircraft Engineer certified on Airbus A32X series (CFM56 engine type)
- Five Years relevant work experience, troubleshooting experience will be considered a plus.
- Previous experience in Maintenance Control, Technical representative, Airline Engineering or Line Maintenance.
- Strong technical knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate effectively to all related parties both verbally and written.
- Fluent English and Spanish compulsory, Italian and French will be considered a plus.
- Self-disciplined, highly-organized individual able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive and cooperative attitude.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and programs (especially MS Office package).
- Willing to work on 24/7 rotating shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Experience in AMOS and AIMS will be considered a plus
- EASA Regulation (Part M, Part 145), EWIS and Fuel Tank Safety certificates in force will be considered a plus.
- Driver’s License.
Volotea is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit diverse candidates, as our goal is to continuously improve and sustain an inclusive culture by attracting, developing, and engaging the best team of diverse people.
Powered by JazzHR