About the role
Underwrite contract surety bonds in conformance with NAS Surety Group underwriting guidelines to determine if
they meet risk acceptability standards and the strategy of the company. Responsible for increased premium
production achieved by enhancing agent relationships.
Authority to approve surety bonds up to an assigned authority level granted by Branch Manager.
About the team
1. Responsible for the management of daily bids and final bond requests.
2. Responsible for the review of new contract bonds for completion in accordance with NAS policies. Analyze new
account submissions for assigned territory.
3. Approve bonds within the limit of authority for this position.
4. Oversee and manage the fiscal status of accounts. Perform analysis on annual accounting audits and internal
financial statements. Review and be familiar with relevant credit information.
5. Maintain current documentation and credit information files in accordance with the NAS Surety Group Procedure
Manual for Contract Surety.
6. Enhance existing agency relationships and identify and secure new agents. Schedule regular meetings with
established agents. Visit bond accounts as requested by agents and supervisor.
7. Provide quarterly marketing updates to VP / Branch Manager and other reports as requested.
8. Attend NAS Surety Group regional meetings as required.
9. Participate in special projects as delegated by the VP / Branch Manager
1. Bachelors Degree with emphasis in business, preferably finance or accounting, or, equivalent work experience.
2. Minimum of 4 years of current contract surety underwriting experience.
3. Strong marketing skills and ability to obtain new business and work with contractor clients.
4. Strong competency in quantitative and financial analysis.
5. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
6. Competent computer skills including knowledge of Excel and Word.
7. Ability to travel 25%.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the practice of the Company to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual's qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter / HR Professional of the accommodation needed.