We’re currently seeking a 3D Animator to help our team on their next adventure. You will join an international and successful team and will report to the Lead Artist.
Your daily adventure:
- Create believable, high-quality animations and directly participating in implementing them in games.
- Define the animation style and workflows for new products under the supervision of the Producer.
- Be able to rigging/skinning with low to medium polygon counts.
- Take active part in the game creation process by interacting with the design team.
- Contribute effectively to the art pipeline while understanding target platform constraints.
- Have a strong time management skills to reach project deadlines/milestones.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Art Team to obtain a consistent visual style for the game.
- Work with the Programming Team to integrate your animations in the game while respecting technical constraints.
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you’ll work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
- At least 2 or more years of experience in 3D Studio Max, Maya or Blender.
- At least 2 or more years of experience in game development.
- Have a clear understanding of character motion, physics-based motion and of the fundamental principles of animation.
- Be able to define and execute creative and stylish animations (vehicles, objects, characters).
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Have a work permit for Spain obtained prior to applying for the position is a must.
- Solid background in academic drawing, sketching and/or illustration.
- Have modelling skills (2D/3D), knowledge and experience of Blender, Unity, particle effects creation programs (e.g. combustion, particle illusion, Fork) and motion graphics programs (eg After Effects).
- Experience working on mobile games.
- Passionate about games and you have some knowledge of the gaming industry.
- Good knowledge of Spanish or Catalan is a plus.
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, web page portfolio, etc.
- Examples of basic cycles of a character. Cycle of walk, run, idle, attack, jump, etc.
- Examples of physics of movement. It can be a character doing parkour, moving weight, a skateboarder, etc.
- Examples of combination of cycles. Idle + attack, idle + run + attack, etc.
- It would also be interesting if among all the examples there is some quadrupeds, or characters of more than two feet.
Please send us the link to your demo reel/portfolio or website demonstrating some of the above skills.
Your life at Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile (and Perks):
- 25 vacation days per year + day off in your Ubi-Birthday
- Flexible Working Hours & Working from Home policy
- Reduced schedule: Easter, Sant Jordi, Sant Joan, August and Christmas.
- Flexible compensation with Ticket Restaurant subsidy
- Mobile device grant based on seniority
- Cigna private Health insurance
- Physiotherapist special rates in the office
- Professional development programs and tickets to international events
- English and Spanish free lessons in the studio
- Great discounts in our games
- Gym special rates and discounts in other services
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages
- Company parties and events
- Fridays beers
- Relocation Package (when needed)